Make a difference in your community by organizing a Food + Funds Drive. We make coordinating easy and fun by providing you with the following materials and ideas.
How To Organize Your Food + Funds Drive
- The Event | Food and funds won’t flow on their own. What event will prompt community care and generous giving? A bake sale? A company match? Get creative!
- Create Urgency | Set a date to start, and just as important: to end. One day, one week, or two weeks are average. One month is often the max. You need an end-date to establish urgency for those you’re asking to give generously.
- SIGN UP | Using the form at the bottom of this page, sign up to register with the Food Share. Our teams will help you along the way! From a tiny event to the biggest of benefits, coordinating with the Food Share ensures the biggest impact possible.
- Assemble | Assemble your supporters: your family, work, school, church or random neighbors- and start assigning tasks.
- Get Specific | Choose an item from our TOP 5 poster, such as peanut butter. Focus on driving that item and ONLY funds. (Don’t overwhelm your audience with choices!)
- Get Vocal | Tell people about your drive: post on social media, make posters or flyers, and display our TOP 5 Posters in English and Spanish. Send emails, call a few key folks, and craft a timely press-release to local media.
- Food & Funds, Together | Cash donations keep our trucks on the road and the freezers cold. They support our innovative programs to address the root causes of hunger. They allow the Food Share to purchase bulk food to be repacked by volunteers. (Because we make large, bulk purchases, our cost per pound is far lower than retail prices.) Your targeted food drives are immediately valuable, too, and help build a community that cares and gives, today. So drive Food AND Funds together!
- Drive With Us | Whether you collected ‘more than fits in the back seat of a standard sedan’ and you need your donations picked up, or, you’re planning to bring your smaller donation in, coordinate with us.
- We have Food Barrels of different sizes, available in coordination with our Food & Fund drive teams by appointment only. (Most bags and boxes work well, too!)
- Fund donations are preferred as check donations, made out to: Marion Polk Food Share, Salem Industrial Dr NE, Salem OR, 97301
- Cash donations can be accepted during pickups, in coordination with our Food & Fund drive teams by appointment only. (Additional restrictions may apply)